#347class13, 99designs, business, Business model, Cost-Effective, Crowd Sourcing, Dot-Com, Fail-Fast, LAMP, Lightweight, lightweight models, Lightweight Models & Cost-Effective Scalability, marketing, O'Reilly Media, Outsource, Outsourcing, Scalability, software, technology, Web 1.0, Web2.0
Lightweight business models and cost-effective scalability.
This article evaluates 99designs against the following best practices for O’Reilly‘s design pattern: Lightweight Models & Cost-Effective Scalability.
- Design for scale and scale with demand.
- Syndicate business models.
- Outsource whenever practical and possible.
- Provide outsource infrastructure, function and expertise.
- Scale pricing and revenue models; pricing and revenue align with core attributes and patterns of web2.0.
- Market virally.
- Fail fast, scale fast.
The dot-com bubble taught us a lot. How do 99designs adopt a lightweight business model and why is it so successful?…Learn more.